Geosciences Department Information
Clare Boothe Luce Scholars program
If you are:
• A sophomore planning to apply to become a 2014 Clare Boothe Luce Scholar
• Intending to major in Geosciences
• A US citizen
• Looking for possible research projects for summer 2014 through the Geosciences department,
- Speak with Prof. Cohen (Phoebe.A.Cohen@williams.edu; Clark Hall 203, ph: 2358), CBL departmental representative for geosciences, to let her know of your plans.
- Fill out the general CBL application form (see CBL webpage), and submit to Alicia Romac (Alicia.Romac@williams.edu) on or before the Feb. 12 deadline.
- Check out the geosciences department website regarding summer research projects,
- Make contact with geosciences faculty members to find out more about their research projects, and let them know of your interest in summer research.
- By Feb. 12, contact the geosciences faculty member you are interested in working with, letting him/her know that you have applied for the CBL scholars program.
Remember, you may apply to be a CBL scholar through more than one of the target departments, so please read the materials for each major/discipline through which you are planning to apply.
Even if your CBL scholars application is unsuccessful, there is still a good chance of a summer science research position in the geosciences department. Decisions and offers for both the CBL scholars program and general summer research positions will occur during early March.
Please get in touch if you have any questions!